Monday, May 10, 2010

Community


I joined two communities recently.
Ever think about that? 
Becoming a member of a virtual community?
Kinda - out-there.
So, I'm going to meet folks online who create
using fiber of one sort or another.
AND
I'm going to participate in  "challenges" and "exchanges"
Oh, my....!
This is my embroidery exchange piece - themed - Spring
This little piece is ATC size - so 3.5" x 2.5"
Ok, I said I was intermediate- hmmmm
gonna need to retract that...
For those who want to know - the background is felted wool.
Needle felted by hand and machine.
The roving background color is Lagoon
with a smittering (which is a little less than a smattering)
of moss, lavender, natural white and smoke roving
to make the background behind the flowers.
Flowers and stems and leaves are stitched using
The Gentle Arts Simply Shaker Sampler Threads
Pomegranate, Ohio Lemon Pie, Picket Fence,
Tin Bucket, Baby Spinach and Shutter Green.

Here is a line drawing of a Lily of the Valley
for you to copy and paste into a word document...
That way you can change the size for your project.
My friend Ms. beach Glass designs made this version
 
Ms. bGd used hand dyed wool for the background and buttons for flowers.
The roving used is moss, fir, and lima bean.
You can find a kit for this project -
the kit has instructions, drawn image,
wool roving and a felting needle.
You're going to have to use your own background...

After many, many, many years of watching me make "things"
with fiber of one sort or another
my Spousal Unit no longer tries to identify what I'm doing...
crocheting, knitting, embroidering, felting, punch needle,
weaving, tatting, quilting, needlepoint, 
paper projects, wood...
My S.U. calls all of it "twitting".
Should I be reading something into that term?
hmmmm.
He's nice, so probably not.
Signing off to do some "twitting".
Happy creating!

No comments:

Post a Comment