Saturday, January 29, 2011

Estate Sale! Wow...that was fun...

What a great weekend...
An estate sale
I've been to a couple recently
that made me quite happy.
Each sale has it's own
personality 
or culture...
I picked up vintage photos and vintage letters at this...
Wow!
I'll share...
I love that even back in the early 1900's 
Women loved to play dress-up 
and have their photo taken.
Can you image getting your girl cousins together
for a photo shoot like this?
How can they keep those straight faces?
I'd be howling with laughter....
Sisters, Maude, Ester (in front)
Millie (behind Ester)
1911
I want to know them.
They look nice and friendly.
I learned quite a bit about Maude 
from reading letters written to her from 
her friend then fiance then husband...
Herman.
Sweet letters written from 1913 to 1919.
Even a proposal letter...
Wowza!
Herman and Eugene...
Maude's husband and son...
Note the date 1927.
Herman was a Brakeman on 
the Great Northern Rail Road.
Eugene grew up to be a bomber pilot. 
He flew in WWII
and was honored with the 
Flying Cross Medal for a mission he flew.

These sisters are from a different family.
I'd like to know them too...
Late 1800's...
guess I missed my chance to meet and greet.






No comments:

Post a Comment