Sunday, June 27, 2010

Estate sale finds!

Oh, I'm a happy girl...
Found treasures at an estate sale.
My impression is that this woman is/was
truly
an
artist!
Yep! a real one.
She also dabbled.
Therefore - there is hope for me, 
"the dabbler".
If you're not interested in this kind of "thing"
then
the rest of this post might not be your 
cup of tea...
Cause I'm going to show you close-ups!
Notions...
Oh, how I love old seam tape
and lace and ribbon 
Do you see that little bundle of pipe cleaners.
The best colors I've ever seen...
The body-less bunny head
will get a new felt body - soon 
I promise, Sweet Bunny Head
I'll make a nice woolie body for you.
The little music box plays
"How much is that doggie in the window"
Yes! it does!
I love music boxes - mostly, just the music part.
The token in the middle of the beads is 
an old "tax" token.
Got a bit carried away with these pictures...
Just love these flower stamens.
I'm going to trade some flower stamens for some 
eyeballs - yep!
You read that right.
Eyeballs...
The kind that are in stuffed animals.
Foil leaves - for cake decorating.
I'm going to use them for "other" decorating tho.
Cause, I don't make fancy cakes....
So, why did I buy this next bunch of trinkets?
Because my "Little" friend K8 will spend hours and hours
building wedding cakes with these.
Then I'll use some when I make "shoes"
Yes, "shoes"
Remind me and I'll post about "shoes" in a day or two.
I love these old books about nature.
I have one titled Birds that has followed me
since I was about 9.
That's a long, long, long, long, long, time. 
The "Littles" will enjoy them, too.
Beads - yum, yum, yum...
Eye candy
Ice tea spoons and a couple of soup spoons.
I do love spoons - 
not all of them but 
the rounded soup spoons for sure and 
Ice teas spoons just seemed right
on a sunny summer day.
I'm sure this is just the tool you've always wanted!
Me too!
It's a hot wire for cutting styrofoam...?
Why would I want to do that?
Hot styrofoam stinks!
I'm hoping the wire becomes hot enough to cut 
nylon fabric...
We'll see.....
Another find was
Three dozen smalll size canning jars, with lids,
perfect for jams and jellies 
and pickled okra.
(yes, you read that right).
Oh, and the best, best, best find of the whole sale
was 6 yards of white silk.
Oh, yeah baby - 
Nuno felted silk scarves.
Here I come.
That's it for this shopping spree...
Here's the absolute, I swear, best part...
I get to go back today and help
organize another room for the sale.
Oh, wonder of wonders....
I wonder what I'll bring home next.
If you're reading this on Sunday and 
you live on the east side of Seattle 
and you want to come to this sale...
Call me.
You know my number.

No comments:

Post a Comment