Saturday, July 31, 2010

Learning something new!

Perhaps, from the title you are expecting
something profound....?
Like learning a new language
or
patience
or
calculus.
Well, maybe.
Someday...
but not today...
Today!
I'm learning how to solder.
Yep.
It's so darned fun -
maybe addictive!
Go ahead -
act surprised -
I'm not the best solder-er
but I'm certainly having the most fun
since
I learned to needle felt...
Wonder what I'm going to
do with all my little creations?
Me too!
Right now, I'm wearing them.
One at a time, of course.
And sometimes...
Sharing them...
but it has to be true love.
Oh! Happy Day!



2 comments:

  1. Love these creation, particularly the pendant of a girl holding an umbrella. What sort of craft of this? my email : terrieakwong@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comment...
    I don't really know what this craft is called...
    maybe - glass pendant making or jewelry making, it's related to stained glass making but now there are lead free solders to use - makes it fun and easy to do at home on a kitchen counter.
    It's easy!
    The picture is sandwiched between two pieces of very thin glass - copper foil is wrapped around the edges of the glass - solder is applied to the copper foil with a soldering iron. I cut images from picture books, post cards, greeting cards...glossy photos don't work so well - they kind of melt or burn.
    I'm going to be carrying supplies for this craft and will have a kit to get started and other glass/solder/foil supplies on Sept. 12th - www.Lavender-Rabbit.com.
    - Hope this information helps - I'll post about it when I get the web pages built and published...
    Regards, Deb

    ReplyDelete